More about the Requirements
In addition to the basics described under The Requirements
tab, you will need:
- Good knowledge of:
- Distributed system architecture including SOA & Micro services (SOAP / REST API / Message queue).
- Experience with unit testing.
- Experience with GIT.
Just as important will be the following competencies and characteristics:
- Strong oral and writing communication skills, including fluency in conversational English.
- Self-motivation and a proactive approach.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to multitask while working independently in a fast-paced environment.
Experience with any of the following is preferred but not required:
- Angular 10 or 11 and Typescript.
- Telerik Kendo UI components.
- SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS).
- A document database, preferably MongoDB.
- CI/CD tools, such as Azure DevOps pipeline.
We currently are working remotely. Our preference is that you live in the Montreal area so that, once it is safe to do so, you can come into our offices on a regular basis. However, we also are open to considering remote candidates.
We'll be flexible about your schedule and, in return, expect you to be flexible as well. For example, we ensure that at least one member of the global team is available from 8 AM to 5 PM Eastern for escalated support. You'll collaborate with teammates to ensure coverage.
More about the Role
You can expect to work regularly with .NET 4.7 and .NET 5, C# 8-9, Nhibernate, C#, SQL, Angular and Entity framework, among other technologies. About 70% of your time will go to back-end work, although there will be front-end work as well. Our proprietary ERP integrates with suppliers, databases, shipping/receiving and 3rd party integrations.
Major responsibilities and duties will include:
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
More about your success
- Developing new features / web services.
- Improving the existing code.
- Integrating the ERP system with internal and external services / suppliers.
- Developing unit tests.
- Resolving bugs following the implementation of new features.
- Diagnosing problems to improve robustness.
We understand that there will be a learning curve as you get up to speed with our technology stack, processes and company -- for example, we have a lot of business rules that apply across multiple platforms. At the same time, with your background, you should be able to hit the ground running and start contributing in short order. In fact, you should be passionate about learning and growing on an ongoing basis. We're looking for a professional who takes pride in working autonomously and also is an excellent team player.
As we build new systems and tools, you should be comfortable going into the old code to see how the logic was built and then translating that logic into newer languages. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Senior Software Developer, you will:
- Thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment with multiple projects underway simultaneously.
- Develop a reputation as a reliable, supportive and collaborative team member.
- Bring passion and an eye for innovation to your work.
- Demonstrate professionalism, a strong work ethic, and commitment to quality.