The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the Technical Project Lead (.NET) opportunity, you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience programming with MS .Net technologies
- Strong experience with most or all of the following:
- MS technologies including C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC, and Web API, .NET Core
- SQL Server, including the ability to design schemas, write queries, and/or stored procedures
- Developing and integrating with REST/SOAP web service APIs
- High transaction multi-tenant architectures that include user/account management
- You must also have a thorough knowledge and strong skill with .NET and Visual Studio IDE
- Strong SQL Database skills required
- Knowledge and experience with Azure DevOps / JIRA preferred
- Experience with Git-based version control system preferred
- Project management experience
- In-depth understanding of the software development life cycle
- A successful track record of managing the delivery of multiple releases of quality products
- A bachelor’s degree, ideally in Computer Science, highly preferred
- Client-facing skill and experience, the ability to build relationships with both internal and external clients, and the ability to work with people at all levels of an organization from executives and upper management to staff members
- Strong analytical skills to serve as a technical business analyst and project manager
- Ability to work closely with onsite and remote team members; experience working directly with offshore teams preferred
- Professional polish to interact with internal and external contacts including the IT team, offshore teams, clients and vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to quality, supportability, extensibility and simple design in a deadline-driven environment
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and stretch your skills
The RoleRole Overview
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will join a growing team, giving you the opportunity to learn, mentor and add a fresh perspective. As a senior team member, you will be responsible for the development and support of strategic and tactical business applications and e-commerce software. You will manage the full development lifecycle from design through development and implementation, but also complete pre-development work -- interfacing with clients, identifying and assessing needs and building a plan -- as well as post-implementation follow through.
We anticipate you'll spend about 20% of your time on hands-on development. You'll primarily work on the backend, but you'll also regularly coordinate with and lead our offshore teams managing the frontend. You'll spend quite a bit of time interfacing with key clients on system requirements, handling project management to keep things moving, and completing research on our current application to determine the best way to meet client needs. You'll also be involved in escalated maintenance issues as required.
As Technical Project Lead (.NET), you will work on a wide range of products from internal systems to consumer-facing applications. You will primarily support our largest clients, but will interact regularly with a wide variety of internal and external clients, and will also help and mentor in multiple areas when needed. Depending upon the size of the projects (anything from single page applications using AngularJS to large projects requiring a responsive web design approach) you may partner with a Project Management team or manage the project independently.
Specifically, you will:
- Act as the primary contributor to solution design, technical analysis, and functional design of web-based and windows applications
- Assist with documentation and implementation throughout the SDLC: analysis, design, development, maintenance, and user instructions
- Assist with troubleshooting, supporting and maintaining custom software
- Integrate web-based applications with “back office” core business applications
- Interact directly with end users (internal and external customers)
- Mentor junior team members and handle priority escalations
What's in It for You?Best of Both Worlds
You will enjoy the stability and resources of a company with a rich history of success. At the same time, you'll have the opportunity to wear multiple hats and have your hands in a variety of projects, as you would if you joined a start-up company. This is a prime opportunity for someone who likes to stretch and work to the top of their skillset and takes the initiative to get things done.
While we prefer that you're in the office interacting with the team most days but after you become acclimated you will have some flexibility to work from home on occasion.
A Break from the Traffic
We enjoy a location that is more suburbs than city, meaning you won't have to fight the traffic downtown. Most of our employees drive and parking is free, but if you prefer public transportation we are accessible by bus and the L-line. Of course, highly qualified candidates may also have the opportunity to work remotely.
You can feel pride knowing that you are supporting our efforts to engage others in their work, creating higher satisfaction and success. It’s a mission you can embrace and really care about.
Great Environment, Fun Culture
We all work hard and care about our roles in the company, but we also enjoy a nice casual atmosphere and dress code, and a fun work environment. We don't take ourselves too seriously, as you can see in the images to the right. These images are from our July 4th celebratory BBQ and "Take Your Dog to Work" day. We’ve also enjoyed National Strawberry Day, Waffle Day, and many more fun events.
People Like Working Here
When people join us they tend to stay, as demonstrated by our large number of long-term employees.
Compensation, Benefits and More!
In addition to a competitive salary ($70 - $100K, depending on experience), we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with company match; medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and AD&D insurances; flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care; and generous paid holidays and personal time off. You and your family will have the benefit of participating in our fitness and nutrition program at no cost to you. You'll also have the opportunity to buy from our vast warehouse of products, from jewelry to electronics and much more, at cost!
Our Chicago location has a fitness room onsite to help you take charge of your fitness goals, and you will have the added benefit of our fabulous learning management system to give you 24/7 opportunities for e-learning!
Keys to SuccessTo excel here, you'll need to come in with strong skill as a developer, but also the ability to work closely with clients. If you're the type of person who prefers to work heads-down at your desk most of the time, this is not going to be a good fit. It's not enough just to understand the technical needs; you'll have to understand client expectations and communicate clearly, working to keep the client happy while ensuring they end up with a solution that is realistic and workable.
Upon joining our team, you will be challenged to learn what we have in place and get up to speed on our systems and applications. You'll interact with the team, soaking up knowledge quickly, and taking the initiative at every learning opportunity, offering to step up and help. Once you’re fully acclimated, you will continue to show initiative as you take on new projects and other responsibilities.
Our ideal candidate is a strong self-starter with great time management skill, able to move projects forward without a lot of hand-holding, and understands how to prioritize. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Technical Project Lead (.NET), you will:
- Thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment with multiple projects underway simultaneously
- Serve as a supportive and collaborative team member
- Have a passion for your work
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and commitment to meeting deadlines
- While you won't consistently work long hours, you should be prepared to step up as necessary to meet deadlines
About UsA science-driven approach to helping improve engagement throughout the talent lifecycle
At Engage2Excel, we help HR organizations create unique candidate and employee experiences from pre-hire to retirement. Research shows that engaging workplace experiences are essential for motivating employees to care more, work smarter and stay longer. We understand what employees really want because we look at the entire employee lifecycle through a scientific lens.
Our Trendicators research division conducts original surveys, validates best practices from our client base of 2,700+ organizations and relies on three decades of groundbreaking research by our chief scientific officer, Jack Wiley, Ph.D. Our industry-leading solutions for recruitment, employee recognition and engagement surveys are tailored to each client’s unique business objectives and are designed to help clients increase competitive advantage and improve bottom-line results.
The industry's only ROI-based employee recognition program.
Engage2Excel helps companies measure, manage and improve performance with the industry's only ROI-based Employee Recognition solution. We create ROI-based Employee Recognition programs by combining Engagement Survey data with Performance Analytics. This enables clients to target, budget and prioritize recognition programs to drive bottom-line results. We also provide High-Performance Talent Acquisition Solutions that enable clients to infuse highly engaged employees into their corporate culture.
The Engage2Excel Process includes:
- DESIGN: We incorporate our clients' unique values and top priorities into a program that recognizes the behaviors that drive business outcomes.
- MEASURE: Employee engagement and performance data are used to pinpoint problems and opportunities in any department or workgroup.
- MANAGE: ROI-based employee recognition programs are easy for leaders to manage and tailored for their success.
- IMPROVE: Prescriptive analytics provide leaders with the insight they need to improve bottom-line results.