The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this opportunity, you must have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the role, you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field such as computer science, or an associate's degree plus additional experience
- 3+ years of related experience in the JD Edwards environment, with in-depth knowledge of ‘out of the box’ (standard) functionality
- Technical knowledge of applications systems analysis and programming with emphasis on Financials, Order Management, and Manufacturing Systems
- Technical skills in JD Edwards applications, SQL, DB2
- Hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with people at all levels of the organization, and who may have any level of low understanding of the platform
- Project management skills
- Technical skills in FormScape
- Programming experience using VBScript
- XML Knowledge
Reporting to the Director of Software Delivery, you will join a team of 7 analysts and developers responsible for all business systems supporting the Engage2Excel organization. You'll spend a good deal of time at your desk, working with users by phone and email, but the team is seated nearby and we work in a very collegial environment. Our business is unique, so while you’ll come in with JD Edwards knowledge, you’ll still need to spend some time up front learning about our business model, what we do, and how we do it. Once you’re up and running, you'll have two main goals:
- You will act as a consultant to departments across the company, assisting in the development and delivery of business applications with a special focus on JD Edwards to create business solutions.
- You’ll also work to maintain the system, ensure technical performance and reliability, and to meet appropriate service levels.
You'll collaborate with other IT and business unit management and staff to complete identification, system specifications, scheduling, validation, documentation, implementation, user education and follow-up support for business systems. Acting as a consultant to all E2E business units, you’ll support effective implementation strategies, utilization and support of business applications. This will also include helping to implement solutions to meet growth needs as the company continues to grow organically and through acquisition. We’re particularly going to rely on you to use standard JD Edwards functions and features, determining how to integrate our current system and business processes without customization.
Another big part of the role will be to maintain current systems as they’re running today. This will include addressing any issue requests or questions, completing troubleshooting as needed, and ensuring users know how to properly use what has been built. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll monitor the system, maintain databases, complete system or server updates, maintain the software, and complete any needed steps for maintenance contracts.
In support of your goals, some of your specific tasks will be to:
- Assist in the implementation, maintenance, and support of large, complex software systems, including creating a ‘scope of project’ with time and budget estimates.
- Work collaboratively with E2E users, vendors, consultants, and other areas of IT to complete your assigned tasks.
- Assist with development and configuration of JD Edwards and related business systems to align with business requirements.
- Partner with E2E users and business leaders to design and architect solutions within and around JD Edwards to enhance processes, quality, and efficiencies.
- Work on complex projects and problems that require in-depth evaluation of factors, application of technical knowledge, and analysis of data and appropriate solutions.
- Complete hands-on development work if needed.
- Write clear and accurate documentation and specifications for solutions.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging technologies and services that will help maintain our technical edge.
More Good ReasonsStrategic impact
In our lean team, you will have high visibility and your impact will certainly be noticed. When you succeed here, you’ll be helping to build something that helps people do their jobs better every day.
We offer learning and development opportunities through internal, external, and on-the-job training. A variety of programs, as well as technical training, are offered through our Talent Department. Whether it’s reading a book available in our Talent Library, taking one of many online courses available through our intranet, joining us for a Lunch-and-Learn, attending a traditional class, participating in job exchanges, or taking guidance from a mentor, we all have the opportunity to invest in our ourselves so that we become the best that we can be. With strong performance, over time you might take on additional responsibilities, or even pursue advancement in other areas of E2E.
Make a difference
Imagine going to work every day to help others drive employee engagement and performance. It’s as much a calling as it is a company because we ignite the inner accomplishment that drives pride, inspires others and makes work fun.
In addition to a competitive salary and all of the benefits you would expect, including medical, dental, 401(k), PTO, and more, we also believe in rewarding those who earn it. At Engage2Excel we work hard, play hard and help the customer reap the success we can all enjoy.
Work / life balance
We want you to have a healthy work-life balance and place a considerable amount of trust in our employees to manage their time away from work without formal policies and limits. As such, we have a competitive time away from work benefit that complements paid holidays during the year. For many roles, we also offer flexible work schedules.
Trifecta of organizational culture
Throughout Engage2Excel, we drive employee engagement and company success through three simple but powerful steps:
- Living what we do.
- Our work/life balance is founded on ownership, trust and respect.
- We enjoy a fun, family-like atmosphere, even though we're miles apart.
- Rewarding those who earn it.
- Ours is a team environment with each playing an important role in delivering top-level service.
- We challenge ourselves and encourage each other to grow professionally.
- Seeking new ways to solve problems.
- We are proud to do things differently because one size doesn’t fit all.
- We are passionate about process, feeling empowered to create it, fix it and make it happen.
Keys2ExcelWe enjoy bringing on people who are tenacious, resourceful, highly motivated independent thinkers who demonstrate initiative and regularly go "above and beyond" the call of duty. For you, this would include pairing your knowledge of the JD Edwards platform with the creativity to come up with better ways to accomplish your goals, and the willingness to be vocal in sharing your ideas with the team.
Your technical analytical skills will be essential, but just as important will be the business savvy to understand what our users really need. This will require the communication skills as well as the patience to probe for clarity. It also will call for the interpersonal skills to establish yourself as a valued consultant and, in many cases, to build relationships. You should be open and helpful, the kind of person team members are happy to come to with questions, and able to explain things in a way people of all technical skill levels can understand.
In addition, to be an outstanding JD Edwards Business Analyst you will:
- Pay robust attention to detail but also grasp the big-picture context.
- Keep a constant eye out for ways to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Remain adaptable and flexible in ways that support the growth of the organization.
About UsA science-driven approach to helping improve engagement throughout the talent lifecycle
At Engage2Excel, we help HR organizations create unique candidate and employee experiences from pre-hire to retirement. Research shows that engaging workplace experiences are essential for motivating employees to care more, work smarter and stay longer. We understand what employees really want because we look at the entire employee lifecycle through a scientific lens.
Our Trendicators research division conducts original surveys, validates best practices from our client base of 2,700+ organizations and relies on three decades of groundbreaking research by our chief scientific officer, Jack Wiley, Ph.D. Our industry-leading solutions for recruitment, employee recognition and engagement surveys are tailored to each client’s unique business objectives and are designed to help clients increase competitive advantage and improve bottom-line results.
The industry's only ROI-based employee recognition program.
Engage2Excel helps companies measure, manage and improve performance with the industry's only ROI-based Employee Recognition solution. We create ROI-based Employee Recognition programs by combining Engagement Survey data with Performance Analytics. This enables clients to target, budget and prioritize recognition programs to drive bottom-line results. We also provide High-Performance Talent Acquisition Solutions that enable clients to infuse highly engaged employees into their corporate culture.
The Engage2Excel Process includes:
- DESIGN: We incorporate our clients' unique values and top priorities into a program that recognizes the behaviors that drive business outcomes.
- MEASURE: Employee engagement and performance data are used to pinpoint problems and opportunities in any department or workgroup.
- MANAGE: ROI-based employee recognition programs are easy for leaders to manage and tailored for their success.
- IMPROVE: Prescriptive analytics provide leaders with the insight they need to improve bottom-line results.